Thursday, September 1, 2011

    I've been blessed with a wonderful life, as well as truly marvelous friends.

I was born on Halloween. My arriving a bit tardy; the obstetrician told my Mum to go out for dinner, have a glass of wine and go to a movie. She did the first two directives quite easily. Accompanied by my father, she went to see a new Alfred Hitchcock film: something called  Psycho; seen it?  I was born shortly thereafter.

I was diagnosed with diabetes mellitus, Type I, at the age of about 2-3 years. Developing it so Young, I've not really known, or don't remember anything else. Diabetes has brought me many pains, scares, and learning experiences. As well as numerous ways to help others. It's been an interesting friend. But, it has also been a huge pain in the ass. More on this later. Probably in the blog itself.

I graduated from Tulane University; N.O., LA. I received a few degrees (enough to qualify as a minor thermometer) and received a fabulous education from both the University and the Spectacular City and People, of the Crescent City.

In this time as well as a few years before, I worked in a hospital laboratory, trained dolphins and sea lions, and was well trained myself, as a zoo keeper.

Here I went on a marvelous trek of teaching in Universities, High Schools, colleges and various other kinds of schools, and even NOT in schools at all. I was taught, and learned a lot too, at this time.

I developed an interesting Traveling Science Show along with Dirk Naegele. We became known, as that was our stage names, as Earl & Meyer, The Flask Brothers. We were ALMOST picked up by PBS. It was my fault that we weren't. I had a stroke (CVA) just a few weeks before we were to meet to sign contracts. I really owe Dirk for that mess up.

I proceeded to have two more strokes. Both CVAs. Between them, I fell , trying to help out my own family, and broke my two knees (patellae); one completely and the other cracked about 90-95%. This forced my Employers to retire me, and shortly thereafter, 2-3 years, I was declared disabled. My memory, and personality, have been greatly altered too.

QUESTIONS:  Just Ask  .  .  .

No comments:

Post a Comment